Movie Trains and Railroad Location
309 Productions nationwide since 1972
- Movie Trains and Railroad
- Contacts with Private Equipment owners, Museums,
Short Lines, Regional and Class 1 railroads nationwide.
- Coordinating Services.
Recognized expertise in coordinating railroad
requirements in film and television production at any location
- Scouting services – For trains
- Technical Advisor – Assist with technical
details in story line, provide technical assistance to Art Department,
Stunts, Special Effects, Safety.
- Pre-production – Breakdown script requirements, prepare budgets, provide
art direction assistance, establish working relationships with
other operating railroads, identify and secure specific equipment,
arrange transportation of RR equipment via rail or truck and
make sure equipment is in compliance with applicable federal
and/or state regulations.
- Production – Coordinate
track time and crew requirements with operating railroad, oversee
or perform equipment operation and maintenance, assist with preparation
for special effects and stunts, work with/provide safety coordinator
to establish and implement railroad safety rules and provide
interface between AD and train crew.
- Have worked with major studios and independent
producers to operate/coordinate trains and locations in more
than 270 film and television productions since 1972, most featuring
stunts and special effects involving train/auto crashes, explosions,
fire and stunt people and principal actors on and about the train
- Provided train coordination services for TRUE GRIT, THE EXPRESS, 3:10 TO YUMA, THERE WILL BE BLOOD, FLAGS OF
OUR FATHERS, MONA LISA SMILE, THE ITALIAN JOB, O
BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?, IRON WILL, UNDER SIEGE II operating
other trains on major railroads and short lines in California,
Mississippi, Illinois, Minnesota, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona
- Stan Garner is a qualified engineer on both
steam and diesel locomotives licensed in accordance with Federal
Railroad Administration regulations 49CFR240 and is a member
of SAG with numerous screen credits.
- Stan has established personal working relationships
with key personnel on different class 1 railroads and short lines
in several locations around the country.